Juvenile 101

Juvenile Probation FAQ's

Where are the juvenile probation offices located?
Juvenile DRC and office locations
Where are the Juvenile Detention and Assessment Centers located?

Central Valley JDAC (CVJDAC))
900 East Gilbert Street
San Bernardino, CA 92415
(909) 383-1769
High Desert JDAC (HDJDAC)
21101 Dale Evans Parkway
Apple Valley, CA 92307
(760) 961-6701

Who can access juvenile probation records?
Juvenile records are confidential and require a release of information.


What does it mean that my child has been declared a Ward of the Court?
When a youth has violated a criminal law, and the allegations are found true, and formal probation is granted, the Juvenile Court takes primary responsibility for the control and treatment of the youth.

My child has been placed on probation, now what?
You must check in with the San Bernardino County Probation Department, Juvenile Services office in your area. All youth with a new grant of probation must complete an orientation and assessment. The assigned probation officer may conduct home or school visits with the youth and schedule meetings with parents to determine how the youth is doing. 

What should I bring to our first appointment with the probation officer?
Please bring the juvenile packet that was provided to you in court. Also, please bring the child’s birth certificate and social security card. 

How long will my child be on probation?
There are many factors that determine the length of probation, including the seriousness of the offense, the youth’s compliance and progress while on probation supervision and the available custody time for their offense.  

What should I do if my child runs away?
Notify your local law enforcement agency and the assigned probation officer immediately.

What happens if my child violates their conditions of probation?
The consequences of violating the terms and conditions of probation depend on the seriousness of the violation. Violations may be handled informally with a verbal warning, the probation officer may request the youth have additional terms and conditions of probation be imposed or the youth may appear before the court. 

What are my financial responsibilities?
As a parent or legal guardian of the youth, you are responsible for paying restitution, fines and fees that are imposed by the Court.  

What happens when my child turns 18?
The Juvenile Justice System may maintain jurisdiction over a case until the youth turns 21. 

How do I seal my record?
Upon completion of your probation and upon turning 18 years old, when requested, the probation department will provide the necessary information and paperwork to apply for your record to be sealed. 

Do I have to report I was convicted of a felony on my job application?
If you were adjudicated and the crime was found true as a juvenile, you were not convicted of a felony.

Main Programs


175 West Fifth Street, 4th Floor
San Bernardino, CA 92415-0460
Phone (909) 386-1810 
Fax (909) 387-5600

 ADA Notice

Privacy Policy 

Translate Website

Select a Language Below / Seleccione el Idioma Abajo

Close this box